Saturday, January 22, 2011

love is in the air!

I put up valentines decor in the front room in the beginning of the week. I still have a few things to make and put up, and a couple "love bird" photos to put on the table, but this is pretty much it. I made those big fluffy white tissue flowers--those were fun to make! the love banner has the cutest vintage valentine card prints on it--and of course i have to have some wood block decoration! this is the first year of us having a white christmas tree for the craft room--i love it so much i thought id stretch it into the valentines season with lots of heart ornaments! At least the front entryway isnt so bare anymore!





I finally put the easel I had been working on for the boys up in the playroom. I picked up this RATTY easel at a garage sale this past summer for $5. It was an ugly wood color and had scratches and marker all over it. I painted it, added a felt board over the white board {we have a white/magnetic board on the wall in the playroom already} and attached some closepins to the of the chalkboard so we can clip up big sheets of paper to color on as well. Its customized to our liking in the colors we like...and it only cost me a few bucks--can't beat that!!! the boys love the felt board!

Before:



After:


1 comment:

  1. I love all your Valentine's Day decorations! My birthday is February 14th, so I hold a special place in my heart for all things pink and...well, heart-shaped!

    Thanks for stopping by Make It Happen Mama and entering my PraiseBaby DVDs giveaway. Hope to see you again soon!

    http://makeithappenmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete